Jun 6, 2016

Jesse Eisenberg Talks Magic, ‘Now You See Me 2’ And Playing “Unhappy People” On ‘Today’ Show (VIDEO)

Jesse Eisenberg appeared on Monday’s “Today” show, during which he spoke about learning magic for his new movie Now You See Me 2, playing mostly “unhappy people,” and much more. Watch the full interview below!
The original Now You See Me was a sleeper hit when it was released in 2013, but Eisenberg admitted that he and the rest of the cast were “all hesitant” at first about returning for a sequel. “The first one was so great and it seemed to work for a number of reasons that we couldn’t foresee or control,” the actor explained. But when the cast read the script for the follow-up, Eisenberg revealed that everyone agreed, “This is fantastic and worthy of doing.”
When asked about his penchant for playing depressed characters, Eisenberg joked, “I grew up playing that in my personal life and now I play that for a living.” But the actor said his role in the Now You See Me films marks a break from portraying “miserable, self-loathing people,” noting, “Now I get to play this guy who’s this incredible magician who also loves himself.” He added, “Playing this guy, after the end of a very long day, I’m like, ‘I kind of feel okay. I think I might sleep tonight for the first time in months.”
Eisenberg also revealed that he and his co-stars had to attend “magic boot camp” to learn their tricks for the film, but joked that he got “booted out of boot camp” after he “told everyone how everything is done.” And as far as whether there will be a Now You See Me 3, Eisenberg quipped, “I hope for my own therapy sake that there is. It’s like the healthiest thing that I do.” Watch the actor’s full “Today” interview below!

0 comments: