Nov 17, 2011

Nick Cannon Victim Of DWB

Nick Cannon Victim Of DWB:

After getting pulled over after leaving the Google Music Launch party in LA, new dad Nick Cannon took to twitter to vent his frustration about being a victim of DWB (Driving While Black).
Just got pulled over again. For the 1st time ever… The Cop let me go! He was a black man! ‘Preciate it Brotha!!
Page Kennedy tweeted: u keep getting pulled over. ur a star
Nick replied: I know right!
He went on:
At age 13 a Cop pulled me over on my bike with his gun drawn. What the hell did he think I was going to do? !
Growing up, I never liked Cops. Always felt they were bullies. I guess I shouldn’t stereotype…
Now in LA I get pulled over like once a week. Honestly, I think it’s because I’m a Black man in a nice car. #KnowyourplaceBoy
Are you KIDDING me? We’ve come a long way, but we still have a long way to go, obviously!

0 comments: