Nov 22, 2011

Robert Pattinson Says Edward Cullen Is "Flawed" And "Ugly"

Robert Pattinson Says Edward Cullen Is "Flawed" And "Ugly":

What? Sacrilege! Robert Pattinson didn’t have the greatest things to say about the ‘Twilight‘ character that has made him famous, Edward Cullen. Robert said he wanted to portray Edward’s less-than-perfect sides but wasn’t allowed to.
“The annoying thing about him is the fan’s perception of him as the perfect guy. I wanted to play his flaws but then you have this subliminal idea coming from everywhere saying, ‘No he’s got to be perfect.’
“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vampire movie where I think the vampires are attractive. They end up looking worse than they do in their real life with the pale make-up and the fangs. I have never understood fascination with vampires. People are obsessed and I don’t know why.”
Oh, Robert! I guess it’s an actor thing- LOL. Robert also said he’s still struggling with celebrity.
“It’s annoying trying to find somewhere to live because you are literally thinking about things like you are a fugitive, or a CIA undercover operative or something, you are genuinely worried about spies.
“Trying to find a house you’re like, ‘What’s the street parking like? Can people see in? I can’t have people park outside.’ You can’t have anyone cleaning your place and you have to worry about your guests just in case someone talks about where you live.”
I don’t know about guests, but people who work in the house can always sign confidentiality agreements, right? Well, there’s a trade-off for everything, I suppose. He has fame and wealth but his privacy is limited. I don’t know what I’d chose if I had a choice!

0 comments: