May 4, 2012

Lady Gaga: I was “Lonely” and Cocaine Was “My Friend” (VIDEO)


Lady Gaga opened up about her “lonely” post-high school years and past drug addiction on Lifetime’s “The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet” on Thursday.
Gaga, who taped the interview last fall, revealed she was “very depressed when I was 19. I decided to pursue music, so I dropped out of school and I told my parents I didn’t want any money from them.”
VIDEO BELOW
She says she began to “cherish my loneliness,” explaining, “I would go back to my apartment every day and I would just sit there. It was quiet and it was lonely. It was still. It was just my piano and myself. I had at television and I would leave it on all the time just to feel like somebody was hanging out with me.”
The “Bad Romance” singer continues that she began doing cocaine then because “it was like the drug was my friend. I never did it with other people. It’s such a terrible way to fill that void, because it just adds to that void, because it’s not real.”
Gaga says eventually she “woke up one day and was like, ‘You’re an a**hole. You’re not an artist. If you were a real f***ing artist, you’d be focused on your music. You wouldn’t be spending your money on the white devil.’”
She notes that there’s sort of a ”romanticism around drugs” with aspiring artists, “when really, you’re just a f***ing loser.”
Check out a clip from the video below!

WATCH:

0 comments: