Jul 1, 2012

Chris Brown Announces “Retirement” at BET Awards?


Chris Brown At BET AwardsFortune Is My ‘Last Album’” reads a headline on MTV.com, which goes on to claim that Brown dropped “a bomb” while accepting theaward for Best Male R&B Artist at Sunday’s show.
According to the site, Brown “surprisingly revealed in his acceptance speech that his next album will be his last.”
MTV then quotes Brown as saying, “I’d like to thank Team Breezy, everybody who worked on any one of my albums. My last album that’s coming out in two days… I just want to thank all my fans. It’s dedicated to y’all. This one’s for y’all; man, I appreciate everything.”
The music site notes that it’s “unclear where Brown’s self-imposed early retirement is coming from,” but goes on to to speculate that “his rocky relationship with the media and any criticism toward him from his detractors” may be playing a role.
Or, “perhaps his latest brush with controversy, a reported brawl with Drake’s crew at an NYC nightclub a couple of weeks ago, pushed him over the edge,” suggests MTV.
Actually, NOTHING pushed Brown over the edge — because he’s NOT retiring.
A rep for the singer tells Gossip Cop exclusively that Brown simply meant Fortune is hiscurrent album, not his last one ever.
Oops!

0 comments: