May 15, 2013

Mark Wahlberg Makes A Pledge To Graduate High School


Mark Wahlberg is pledging to finally graduate from high school, while at the same time encouraging others to get their diploma as well!
As a high school dropout who now sees the value in education and is dedicated to helping teens, Wahlberg made a pledge to graduate high school via Twitter and Facebook Wednesday morning, sharing a photo with a sign reading “Graduate for Mas – Join Me!” And within minutes, the actor’s posts created a groundswell of likes, shares and comments from fans and celebrity friends like Adrian Grenier and JoJo.
The actor jumped on board the cause all in support of Graduate for Más, a new studentresource program launched on Wednesday by the Taco Bell Foundation for Teens.
“I grew up without the support and resources I needed to stay motivated, so graduation was the last thing on my mind,” Wahlberg said in a press release provided to RumorFix. “Today, I see students across the country, struggling under the same circumstances, and I know I’m in a position to help. That’s why I’m demonstrating my personal commitment to education by earning my high school diploma.”
Wahlberg returned to high school last year by enrolling in an online diploma program based in Massachusetts.

0 comments: