Mar 4, 2014

Lea Michele Talks Cory Monteith and Glee Spinoff in Seventeen

Lea Michele remembers Cory Monteith and talks about a potential “Glee” spinoff in the new Seventeen.

“I only have happy memories of Cory,” she tells the magazine. “He was not his addiction – unfortunately, it won. But that wasn’t who he was.”

Michele adds, “Cory made me feel like a queen every day. From the minute he said, ‘I’m your boyfriend,’ I loved every day, and I thank him for being the best boyfriend and making me feel so beautiful.”

Why has the singer-actress stuck with “Glee”?

She explains, “[The 'Glee' cast] is the greatest group of people I have ever met in my entire life! We all lost Cory. I didn’t think for one minute that being away from them was what I wanted.”

“Being on the set of ‘Glee’ is no more difficult than being at home and finding [Cory's] slippers under the bed,” continues Michele. “We had a life and a job together — it goes with you everywhere you go, you can’t get away from grief. So I might as well be surrounded by the people I love and get to lean on them.”

How about a potential spinoff?

She says, “Let’s do it. I think it could be Rachel living in New York and working on Broadway!”
And despite nasty tabloid rumors about her figure, Michele seems to have a healthy attitude about herself.

“I’m very comfortable with my own body,” she tells Seventeen. “I come from Broadway – everybody’s naked on Broadway. I like to think of myself as more granola. I’m not going to run around naked or anything like that unless I’m at my own home. Today, I walked into my backyard and was standing out there naked for a while. Don’t tell: My neighbors will freak out!”

0 comments: