Feb 18, 2015

Nicki Minaj Tour Members Stabbed: De’Von Pickett Dead, Eric Parker Hurt After Attack

A member of Nicki Minaj’s tour team named De’Von Pickett was stabbed to death in Philadelphia on Tuesday, and another crew member, Eric Parker, is in critical condition following a violent incident at a bar.
Minaj tweeted the news on Wednesday: “Two members of my team were stabbed last night in Philly. One was killed. They had only been there for two days rehearsing for the tour.” In an Instagram picture posted by Fabolous and then Minaj, Pickett (also known as Day Day) is seen on the left and Parker on the right.
Minaj captioned the photo, “These guys flew into Philly for my tour rehearsals 2 days ago and were both stabbed last night. #RIPDAYDAY condolences to your family. Unbelievable. Eric (on the right) is recovering. Another senseless act of violence that took the life of a great guy. So sad.”
Minaj subsequently tweeted a link to a news story about the fatal altercation at Che Bar & Grill in Philadelphia, where a verbal argument allegedly escalated and then spread to outside the building. An unidentified assailant pulled out a knife and allegedly stabbed Pickett and Parker. It’s believed that Parker will survive his injuries, although he remains hospitalized. The suspect has not been apprehended at this point.
Alongside the same picture, Fabolous wrote, “My heart is heavy right now… God opened my eyes this morning at 9:49am. For some reason at that time I woke up thinking about both of these guys. They both work with me, but I couldn’t figure out why they were in my mind at 1st wake up. Wasn’t sure if I had a dream & they were in it or just some wake up & process things type sh*t… But at 10:04 my brother hit me & told me that they both were [stabbed] in Philly last night.”
He added, “My friend @daydaydoesdis (left) died & my friend Eric Parker is in critical condition in the hospital fighting for his life. I am still in shock & don’t want to believe this. And it hurts even more knowing how good these two dudes are. How hard these guys work. And how loyal they are to whoever they are down with & each other. Please send Eric Parker your blessings & a prayer for him to pull thru. And RIP to the fallen soldier Day Day. I can’t even believe I’m saying that with your name attached to it. & I HATE this being a post!! I will miss your energy, your vibe, & you but I’ll hold on to your spirit!! #RIPDayDay #PrayForEricParker.” 

0 comments: