Mar 9, 2015

Bill Cosby Breaks Silence With First Video Message To Fans: I’m Still Doing Shows, and I’m “Hilarious”

Bill Cosby has broken his silence with a video message for fans, releasing a short clip in which he ignores the rape scandal casting a shadow on his career and makes an upbeat promise to keep performing comedy. Watch below.
In the video, Cosby is seen speaking on the phone, assuring supporters that his shows will be continuing. “Yes, I’m going to be in Wheeling, West Virginia, Capital Music Hall,” declares an energetic Cosby. “8 o’clock show, that’s right! You know I’ll be hilarious!” He makes no mention of the sexual assault allegations against him.
Cosby put out a new written statement on the same theme, announcing, “Dear fans: I hope you enjoy my wonderful video message that’s filled with laughter. Hey, hey, hey — I’m far from finished.”
In recent months, dozens of women have made serious allegations against Cosby, accusing him of sexual assault across decades. He has refused to address the growing scandal in an interview, instead choosing to battle some of his accusers in court as part of a defamation case, and continuing to perform comedy shows in the United States and Canada. Watch a report about Cosby’s new video message to fans below, and tell us what you think.

0 comments: