Apr 20, 2012

Jennie Garth Talks Split With Peter Facinelli: 'I'm Not Afraid To Talk About It'


Jennie Garth says she's not hesitant to publicly discuss her recent split from husbandPeter Facinelli, in hopes of being an example for women going through the same ordeal.
The split isn't "something I’m dying to talk about, but it’s something that’s going on in my life: I’m not ashamed to talk about it," the 39-year-old beauty said during her appearance onThe Ellen DeGeneres Show on Friday.
"I think by being open and honest with what I’m going through, maybe it helps somebody else. I know, I’ve heard from a lot of people that it helps them, maybe with what they’re going through -- I’m not afraid to talk about it."
Garth said she and Facinelli -- who were married for 11 and together a total of 16 years -- remain "committed for being there for our girls," referring to their daughters Luca, Lolaand Fiona.
"That’s the most important thing for us," Garth said. "I think at first, I wasn’t sure how I was going to make it through, but I really learned that I am so much stronger than I thought I was. And, if I can help other women touch into that … you know, their strength."
Garth and the New York-born Facinelli (who played Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the Twilight series) foreshadowed their split when they separated briefly last summer; in his divorce filings with the L.A. County Superior Court, Facinelli said the duo was unable to work through their "irreconcilable differences."
Reports surfaced quickly after their announcement to split that Facinelli had cheated on Garth with an unnamed Canadian woman while he was filming his Twilight series in Vancouver.






0 comments: