May 7, 2012

Maria Menounos Is a 'Violent' Sports Fan

When it comes to basketball, it's not just a game for Maria Menounos

"I'm such a die-hard fan," the Dancing with the Stars contestant, who recently earned a perfect score, told PEOPLE. "I get violent when I watch Celtics games." 

The Boston-area native's love of her hometown sports teams is well-documented, having recently donned a bikini in New York Giants colors after losing a Super Bowl bet on her beloved New England Patriots.



"We were watching [game 3 of the NBA playoffs] at the reception desk of the Dancing rehearsal house and there was a kid sitting in front of me on the computer – and I was squeezing, assaulting his shoulders every time the Celtics would do something amazing," she said. 

The Dancing with the Stars contestant look a break from her sports-watching and rehearsing on Saturday to celebrate the launch of Bud Light Lime-a-Rita poolside at Las Vegas's Mandalay Bay. But, considering the Celtics are still in the play offs, she says no one is safe when a game is on. 

"Derek [Hough] is a little scared," she said. "I get a little crazy."

0 comments: