Jun 6, 2012

John Mayer: Taylor Swift “Humiliated” Me


John Mayer says he was “really humiliated” by Taylor Swift’s song, “Dear John.”
The track, which was released on Swift’s 2010 Speak Now album, was rumored to be about an alleged failed romance between the music stars, though the country superstar never confirmed it.
But now Mayer is speaking out, telling Rolling Stone, “I didn’t deserve it.”
Explaining that he’s “pretty good at taking accountability,” the rocker, who says the song made him feel “terrible,” insists he “never did anything to deserve that.”
“I never got an e-mail. I never got a phone call,” Mayer tells the magazine, adding. “I was really caught off-guard, and it really humiliated me at a time when I’d already been dressed down.”
He continues, “I mean, how would you feel if, at the lowest you’ve ever been, someone kicked you even lower?”
Interestingly, Mayer refuses to address some of the song’s seemingly telling lyrics such as, “Don’t you think I was too young to be messed with?”
Swift, of course, is well-known for using her personal life as musical fodder, a trait that Mayer doesn’t hold in high regard.
He tells Rolling Stone, “I will say as a songwriter that I think it’s kind of cheap songwriting.”
“I know she’s the biggest thing in the world, and I’m not trying to sink anybody’s ship, but I think it’s abusing your talent to rub your hands together and go, ‘Wait till he gets a load of this!’ That’s bulls**t,” Mayer says.
What do you think of Mayer’s comments?

0 comments: