Jun 6, 2012

Sherri Shepherd Receives Vile Rape Threat on Twitter, Files Police Report


Sherri Shepherd has had it with online bullies – especially since one threatened on Twitter Wednesday to rape her.
“The View” co-host received a tweet from someone by the name “DaCloneKiller,” who wrote, “somebody should drag u in a back alley and rape you.”
Shepherd, not surprisingly, was quite taken aback by the disturbing message, and responded, “THIS IS A THREAT & I’M PISSED.”
“You think I should be raped in a back alley? Let’s see if the police agree w you & I took a pic of your tweet,” she continued.
The actress and comedienne added, “I am going 2 file a police report 4U threatening me. And so help me God, when I find out where U live, charges will follow.”
Shepherd went on to lament the unfortunate trend of bullies using social media to anonymously harass others, largely without any repercussions.
“This type of bullying is one of the reasons children are killing themselves b/c there’s no consequences for the bully(s),” she wrote.
Amazingly, Shepherd’s outrage led her to receive another group of vile, expletive-laden messages from strangers, some of which she retweeted.
But Shepherd wasn’t deterred, and promptly went to the police station.
“Just returned from filing a police report for this online harrassment nonsense,” she tweeted a few hours later. “I will be pursuing this legally.”

0 comments: