Sep 24, 2013

Kanye West to BBC: I Want To Anchor The First Trillion-Dollar Company (VIDEO)

The second part of Kanye West’s epic BBC Radio 1 interview with Zane Lowe has been posted, and the rapper manages to discuss the nature of celebrity, the Internet, the future of the world, the corporate forces against him, his father, slavery, racism, classism,Steve JobsLady Gaga, and more in this segment alone.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
He declares, “I always felt like I could do anything. That’s the main thing people are controlled by… they’re slowed down by their perceptions of themselves.”

“If you’re taught you can’t do anything, you won’t do anything,” adds West. “I was taught I could do everything. And I’m Kanye West at age 36. So just watch the next ten years.”
He says, “People think a lot of my motivation is megalomaniac and self-oriented. To the contrary. I just want to help.”
What is his goal?
“I want to be the anchor and the force behind a billion dollar company… and after I’ve made that billion-dollar step… I eventually want to be the anchor of the first trillion-dollar company,” claims the rapper.
He expresses frustration with the idea that he can’t be an inventor, and that as a celebrity, he’s supposed to be happy endorsing other products and creations.
West recalls a meeting in which it was mentioned that Lady Gaga is the creative director of Polaroid.
“I like some of the Gaga songs… what the f*ck does she know about cameras?” he asks.
One of the things that West sets him apart is his ability to see into the future.
“They will play this interview in five years,” he explains. “They will play this interview in 10 years, and say, ‘He called that. He called that. He said that was going to happen, that was going to change… I’m a post-modernist [as a] career… I’m a futurist, mentally.”
Well then.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
WATCH:

0 comments: