Sep 24, 2013

Kate Gosselin: Jon Lives His Own Life

Kate Gosselin recently sat down with ET to talk about her new cookbook Love Is in the Mix: Making Meals into Memories with Family-Friendly Recipes, Tips and Traditions, and also touched upon the status of her relationship with ex-husband Jon Gosselin.
Asked if she's seen the recent ET interview with Jon in which he opened up about his job as a waiter, Kate said that she is not at all involved in his life.
"No, I don't really pay attention," Kate commented. "I can't really say that I have anything to do with him except, obviously, we're trading the kids when they visit him."

Asked if she was surprised about his new profession, she remained diplomatic.
"He lives his own life," she said. " ... I'm my kids' sole supporter, and I'm supporting them and concerned about their safety, and he lives his own life."
Kate of course expressed "concern" about reports that Jon allegedly fired a gun into the air as a warning to a paparazzo over the weekend.
"It’s definitely concerning … The rational and safe thing would have been to go inside and shut the door -- that's what I do and have been instructed for years to do," she said about the tense situation with paparazzi.
As for what the biggest misconception about her is, Kate said that it's "heartbreaking" to hear that she's "hard to work with."
"I've turned that around and tried to make it sort of my own personal challenge," she revealed. " ... Whenever I meet people, nearly 100 percent of the time, people will say, 'Oh my gosh, you're totally different than anything I've read about you or thought you might be.' Am I very stressed? Absolutely, but I've learned a lot over the years, and I may have been at one point sleep deprived and stressed, but I love changing people's opinions about me."
And Kate will definitely aim to change people's minds about her with her new cookbook, which she said she made partly to capture her family's memories for her children.
"It is my recipes that I make for my kids that anybody could make," she explained about her latest venture. "It also has a lot of our family traditions, some that people saw back on our show, as well as the more modern traditions that the nine of us have continued to create together. And there are many photographs -- many old, new current photos as well -- so it's kind of a recipe book and a memory book, and I wanted it to feel that way for our fans, but most of all, as always, for my kids. It's kind of capturing our memories."

0 comments: