Sep 16, 2013

Katy Perry Talks Astrology, Transcendental Meditation, and Rihanna in Elle Canada

Katy Perry covers the October issue of Elle Canada, talking about finding “balance” in her life and inspiration in pal Rihanna’s wild lifestyle.
“I’m 28, and… when you’re at the end of your 20s, it’s a very important growing time. It’s called the Saturn return, if you like astrology — I know it’s important for me,” the pop star tells the magazine.

She continues, “I think that it’s a very important time, when you kind of let go of childish things and accept the wisdom that comes with age. That’s exactly where I am now.”
“I’ve always been a sponge; I’ve always had a desire to learn,” Perry goes on to share. “I didn’t grow up with a real education, but now I am kind of educated by life.”
The singer got her GED instead of finishing high school, opting to focus on her music career.
“I always like to go the unique road less travelled,” says Perry.
But that road is pretty busy these days, and the star tells Elle that she makes “sure to give myself a break.”
“I learned this thing called Transcendental Meditation, which I do as much as I possibly can. It’s 20 minutes and you’re supposed to do it twice a day, but I only do it once every other day,” Perry explains, “but anyway, it works. People say you should work out 30 minutes a day — none of us works out 30 minutes a day!”
Perry also finds comfort in something else: her favorite stuffed animal.
“I bring my teddy bear with me everywhere. It’s such a cuddly little thing when you’re alone in your bed at night,” confesses the “Roar” songstress, adding, “I wish I could bring my cat, but she doesn’t like to travel very much.”
But if Perry ever needs some motivation on the road, she need look no further than one of her best friends.
She tells Elle, “I think that Rihanna
 always looks so fresh and I’m like, ‘How do you do that? We all know how much pot you smoke! And you don’t sleep because you’re on Instagram at four o’clock in the morning!’”ELATED – Katy Perry “Roar” Video Slammed By PETA

0 comments: