Sep 24, 2013

Miley Cyrus To Justin Bieber: Put On A Shirt And Don’t Become Vanilla Ice

They’re both 20-years-old. Both have been famous throughout their teens.  But there’s a big difference between Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber: Miley is successfully transitioning from teen star to full blown adult superstar with two huge hits off her upcoming Bangerz disc and more to come.
So can Miley relate to the Biebs, who has yet to appeal to an adult audience and is still primarily the idol to grade school girls?
In her interview with Rolling Stone released on Tuesday they asked her what advice she has for him.

 She said she hangs out with him ”a little bit, but not really. I’m not much older than him, so I never want it to feel like I’m mentoring him. But I do mentor him in a way.  Because I’ve been doing this sh*t for a long time, and I already transitioned, and I don’t think he’s quite done it yet.
“He’s trying really hard,” she adds. “People don’t take him seriously, but he  really can play the drums, he really can play guitar, he really can sing. I just don’t want to see him f*ck that up, to where people think he’s Vanilla Ice. I tell him that. Like, ‘You don’t want to become a joke. When you go out, don’t start sh*t. Don’t come in shirtless.’ But the thing is,” she says with a laugh,  “I think boys are, like, seven years behind. So in his head, he’s really, like, 12.”

0 comments: