Nov 4, 2013

Paula Abdul Planning Bat Mitzvah During “Magical” Trip to Israel

Paula Abdul is currently making her first visit to Israel, and plans to have a belated bat mitzvah.
The former “American Idol” and “X Factor” judge is reconnecting with her Jewish roots and set to hold the traditional religious ceremony typically pursued by 12- or 13-year-old girls.

“Beyond being Jewish, I’ve always found myself to be very much in tune with spirituality,” Abdul tells the Associated Press. “I feel very grateful coming to Israel now, where as a woman I know who I am a lot more than even 10 years ago.”
The performer has been touring Israel’s holy sites and other points of interest as an official guest of the Ministry of Tourism.
President Shimon Peres hosted Abdul.
She describes the visit as the “most magnificent trip I’ve ever taken… magical and emotional.”

0 comments: