Sep 16, 2015

“The League” Star Steve Rannazzisi Admits To Lying About 9/11 Survival Story

“The League” star Steve Rannazzisi admitted on Wednesday that he’s been lying about his years-long account of having been in the midst of the September 11 attacks, and just released a statement apologizing for his fabricated story.
The actor and comedian has claimed in various interviews over the years that he was working at Merrill Lynch’s offices in the World Trade Center when the first plane struck the adjacent tower. He went on to say that he narrowly escaped just before the second plane hit his building.
Rannazzisi claimed that it was this harrowing experience that convinced him to move to Los Angeles and pursue a career in show business. However, not only does the comedian have no record of employment with Merrill Lynch, the wealth management firm never even had an office at the World Trade Center.
In Rannazzisi’s newly released statement, he wrote, “I was not at the Trade Center on that day. I don’t know why I said this. This was inexcusable. I am truly, truly sorry.” As to why he hasn’t come clean until now, the FX network star said, “I have wished that, with silence, I could somehow erase a story told by an immature young man. It only made me more ashamed.”
The comedian went on to admit, “It was profoundly disrespectful to those who perished and those who lost loved ones,” adding, “I made a terrible mistake. All I can ask is for forgiveness.”
Tell us what you think about Steve Rannazzisi’s revelation that his September 11 survival story was a lie.

0 comments: