Oct 3, 2016

Courtney Harrell “The Voice” Audition Video: Watch “Let It Go” Performance!

Courtney Harrell performed an emotional cover of James Bay’s “Let It Go” during Monday’s “The Voice.” Watch below!
Harrell revealed before taking the stage that she put aside singing to care for her son, and found a career as a songwriter for stars like Mary J. Blige, Ne-Yo, Kelly Rowland and Jennifer Hudson. Now her audition for the NBC competition marked her first time giving a performance for herself in 15 years. The powerful rendition of Bay’s breakout song had Alicia Keys pounding her button over and over again, and she joined Blake Shelton in a standing ovation.
It was Shelton who spoke first, admitting, “I don’t think this is fair because I’m not Alicia Keys.” Still he went on, “But I just heard a brilliant voice… All I can do is tell you I have mad respect for your voice. I can’t even believe how good that performance was.”
Keys then told Harrell, “I felt so much of your soul,” and went on to speak about understanding the contestant. But it was Shelton who surprisingly got the win. Harrell explained afterward, “I think he respects true artistry. I trust that I’m going to be able to thrive and flourish under his mentorship.”
Shelton also confessed, “I’m as shocked as anyone out there that she chose me as her coach.” Check out the video below!

0 comments: