Jun 11, 2013

Lauren Conrad Opens Up to Marie Claire About Boyfriend William Tell, Her Haters

Lauren Conrad opens up about her love life and reality TV past in the July cover story for Marie Claire.
The onetime star of “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills” is currently building an empire with her fashion line and books, and has also found a stable relationship with boyfriend William Tell.
“He is very good for me because we have a lot in common as far as where we grew up,” Conrad tells the magazine. “It’s the first time I’m with someone and I’m not explaining things. He also has experience in the entertainment industry, so he understands a lot of things that people don’t always get.”
Despite her years on camera for MTV, Conrad felt like most people didn’t quite understand who she was.
“I only ever got to tell half my story,” says the reality show vet. “People are very quick to judge these days, especially behind the anonymity of a screen name. It’s very easy to say, ‘I hate her, I hate what she wore, she seems mean.’ But you’re only seeing a small fraction of her life.”
And haters are always lurking.
Conrad says, “There is always gonna be a little bit of… negativity, which just comes with the territory. You realize it doesn’t matter. It’s so simple, but it’s a very hard lesson to learn. At the end of the day, it doesn’t really affect you in any way.”
The clubbing lifestyle Conrad enjoyed during her “Hills” days is a thing of the past.
She tells Marie Claire, “It feels done for me. I’m OK with it being done… I destroyed my voice when I moved to L.A. There are polyps all over my vocal chords because I was in a lot of loud places. If you listen to the first episode of Laguna, my voice is completely different.”
Among the things she’s now working on is an e-commerce venture that will sell artisanal crafts made by women around the world, in partnership with Hannah Taylor Skvarla, a friend and advocate for Human Rights Watch.
“We’ve been to Bali and El Salvador and Africa and India and Nepal,” says Conrad. “Hannah is good about educating me about not just the beautiful places we go to but also the issues people there face. I think when you’ve been fortunate, you have a moral obligation to do things for others.”

0 comments: