Oct 3, 2014

FKA Twigs Tells Her Haters: “F*ck Off!”

FKA Twigs has a message for her haters.
The singer and dancer released her debut album,LP1, in August, and recently earned a nomination for the Mercury Prize, which honors the best British record of the year.
But FKA Twigs knows not everyone likes her sound, her moves, or even her style — and she really doesn’t care.
“The more music that I put out and the more material that I do, the more I’m completely certain of who I am and the type of person I want to be and what I have to give,” shares the performer.
She continues, “I can’t be shaken anymore, by anyone. I’ve got to that point in my life that if you’re not a good person, and you can’t make me feel good with love and life, thenf*ck off, basically.”
As Extreme Entertainment has reported, FKA Twigsrecently got together with Robert Pattinson, after which she was bombarded online with hateful, racist tweets.
She slammed the messages as “disgusting,” and it’s likely her attitude on haters is a result of the positive, inspirational foundation her parents gave her while growing up.
FKA Twigs tells The Wild magazine, “I didn’t grow up with lots of money, or the newest toy, and I couldn’t always go on the school ski trip or to France on half-term. But through all of that, my mum and dad instilled into me that you can do whatever you want, and everything I did they said was amazing.”
“Maybe in the past, I was drawn towards dark energy, especially during my teenage years,” acknowledges the former youth worker. “I’d almost enjoy falling into the black hole of death with people, being sucked up in all of their issues. I’m too old for it now.”
The songstress pours herself into her music, knowing full well that her lyrics will be judged, but that doesn’t seem to be too much of concern to her either.
“I think vulnerability is strong, and vulnerability is sexy as well,” says FKA Twigs.
The British star goes on, “The more in touch you are with your emotions, the more vulnerable at times you will feel, but if you can accept that, if you can face it and put it on the table, in many ways you are stronger than people that would never dare to put themselves out there. What is there to be scared of really?”
Interestingly, she compares the risk involved without putting oneself out through music to the same as in a relationship “with a lover.”
FKA Twigs explains, “Sometimes when you really truly give yourself to somebody, it can completely backfire and you just end up feeling really insecure, really paranoid, jealous, and ugly. It’s from loving someone.”
“If that person isn’t right for you, all those positive emotions that you are trying to put on someone can end up negatively projected back onto yourself. Then you hate yourself for it,” she says.
The former backup dancer adds, “You’re searching for something to make you feel good and to be a better person, but you realize how far away you are from being your best self.”

0 comments: