Oct 1, 2014

Jeff Garlin: Selena Gomez Being Sexualized So Young Is “Disgusting”

Jeff Garlin worked with Selena Gomezfor three years on “Wizards of Waverly Place,” and he’s NOT quite ready to see the now-adult actress in sexy roles like Spring Breakers.
On Tuesday’s HuffPost Live, Garlin spoke out against the “sexualization” of young women like Gomez and Ariana Grande.
He explains, “I love [Gomez], and she is, at least in terms of what I saw, a great kid. But then I see her sexualized… When I see her sexualized, I look at her, and I look at this Ariana Grande… both beautiful girls, but they have baby fat! They look like kids!”
“I see those chubby cheeks, she’s a kid!” says Garlin. “This is disgusting, that it’s happening so young.”
While the actor and comedian understandswhy Gomez and Grande are sexualized (“I’m all for ladies in bikinis, by the way”), he blames the Internet for speeding up the sexualization of young actresses.
In terms of Gomez, Garlin says, “When she’s 30… she’ll be ridiculous.”

0 comments: