Oct 3, 2014

WATCH: Ellen Pompeo Opens Up

Ellen Pompeo opened up during her appearance on Thursday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” about thesecret birth of her newborn daughter, who she had via a surrogate.
Shortly before her appearance on the late-night show, Pompeo announced on Twitter that she and husbandChris Ivery had welcomed a baby girl namedSienna May.
“She was born two months ago,” the actress revealed to Kimmel, who was amazed that she had managed to keep the baby a secret for so long.
“Pretty good, right?” Pompeo said. “The mayor of New York City married us, and I kept that a secret for five days, too. I’ve done it before. The covert thing is kind of fun.”
She noted, “This baby was born via surrogate, so I felt an obligation to keep the surrogate’s privacy. That was of utmost importance to me.”
“Pardon my ignorance on this, but when you have the baby through the surrogate, does your husband visit her in a motel room?” asked Kimmel.
The “Grey’s Anatomy” star  laughed and said, “No! No! Although, she is very gorgeous.”
“Chris Ivery is going to take me to a lot of basketball games if I piss him off, so I have to be really careful,” she continued. “I was present for the insemination. I held her hand.”
Pompeo channeled her character Meredith Grey as she further explained the insemination process.
“This is an incredible thing to do with your life, to give the gift of carrying someone’s child,” she said, “so I am forever grateful and feel very blessed and grateful to her — she who will remain anonymous.
Pompeo continued, “I was there with her when they inseminated her and we held hands. I looked into the microscope and I saw the embryo, I saw the baby, and they put it in a thingy and they inseminated her.”
Throughout that process, Pompeo and the surrogate held hands and prayed.
“We talked to God,” added the actress. “He said he was going to try to help us out and now we have a gorgeous baby girl.”
Pompeo and Ivery also have a five-year-old daughter named Stella Luna.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.

0 comments: