Sep 17, 2015

Emily Blunt Apologizes For Anti-American Citizenship Joke — WATCH VIDEO

Emily Blunt apologized during an interview on Thursday’s “Today” for comments she made earlier this week jokingly slamming her American citizenship. Watch the video below.
As Extreme Entertainment reported, the British-born actress recently became an American citizen, but told The Hollywood Reporter, “That night we decided to watch the Republican debate, and I thought this was a terrible mistake. What have I done?” She added that the ceremony “was sad,” and “I like being British.” She was then slammed on “Fox & Friends” for the remarks, with one commentator even saying she should leave Hollywood.
But on Thursday’s “Today,” the actress clarified her statements, insisting that she was only joking, and didn’t mean to offend anyone. “It was so not the intention to hurt anybody or cause any offense, so I really apologize,” Blunt said. “It was just an offhand joke. I think I’ll probably leave the political jokes to late night or something.”
Blunt then went on to reveal her true feelings about becoming an American, saying, “It’s really meaningful. My two favorite people in the world are American, my husband and my daughter. It was kind of a special day. It was great.”
She also admitted that as a result of taking the American citizenship test, “I think I know more about American history than I do about British history.” Watch the video below in which Emily Blunt apologizes for her anti-American citizenship joke, and tell us what you think.


0 comments: