Jun 7, 2016

Miss USA Deshauna Barber “GMA” Video: Military Commander Celebrates Win

Miss USA Deshauna Barber celebrated her big win on Tuesday’s “Good Morning America.” Watch below!
As Extreme Entertainment reported, Barber was representing the District of Columbia when she was crowned Miss USA at the 2016 pageant on Sunday. Reflecting on her victory, the stunning servicewoman told Robin Roberts, “It was so emotional. It’s still very surreal to me right now to be on ‘Good Morning America’ and have the sash and crown on.”
Barber went on, “In that moment, I mean, I was next to one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, Chelsea, Miss Hawaii USA, and I just felt very flattered that they decided that I was the candidate, I was the person they thought would be the best representation of the Miss Universe organization as Miss USA.”
Roberts went on to commend Barber for being the first military woman to win Miss USA, to which the army commander said she embraced the opportunity to “break stereotypes” about both the armed forces and pageants. “My unit is extremely supportive, and it’s just been awesome,” she shared.
All of Barber’s family is in the military, but she is the only one who is an officer, though she amusingly said her parents and siblings refuse to salute her. Check out the full video below!

0 comments: