May 2, 2012

Ke$ha Wears Patriotic Warpaint For V Magazine [PHOTOS]



Born In The “U.$.A,” pop diva Ke$ha ditches her typical grunge get up for some America loving attire in her photo shoot for the “Americana Issue” of V Magazine.
Born Kesha Rose Sebert, today known as Ke$ha, is famous for her catchy electro-pop beats and hertongue-in-cheek lyrics. What many people may not realize is that the 25-year-old singer was once a struggling music artist from Tennessee just scraping by in the dog-eat-dog town of Los Angeles.
With her found success, the days struggling for gas money are certainly behind her, but those times will never slip from her mind.  In her interview with V, Ke$ha talks about her humble beginnings, her upcoming album Spandex, keeping her life away from the paparazzi’s prying eyes, and her love for the wild things.

Ke$ha On Her Start In The Music Biz:
“I met with this one big writer and he thought he was hot s***t. He had me driving all over town—and I didn’t have gas money. The last time I met up with him, he said, ‘I have a great song title, but you can’t have it because you’re not signed.’ Then he asked me to leave his house. It was such a weird, twisted thing for a grown man to do to a young, desperate artist! It made me want to get successful to show that whether or not people recognize the power that is in you yet, it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. It’s not even about signing with a big label. With the Internet, the entire music business is changing. If anyone tries to tell you that you can’t do what you want to, I think you should give them the finger and do it anyway.”
On Her Upcoming Album:
The first record was all me living in L.A., trying to pay my rent, have a really good time, and look good on nothing. But ever since then I’ve seen how many people my music can reach, and I’ve realized that I have somewhat of a social responsibility to make sure everything I say is positive. The underlying theme of this next record is warrior, with the positive message being that everyone has a warrior inside.”
On Her New Sound:
“Some people will be shocked. Some will also be excited to know that I don’t just do silly white-girl rap. I’m from the South; I have a lot of soul. But trust me—it’s not going to be some avant-garde jazz record. I innately write pop songs. That’s just what I do.”
On Maintaining A Somewhat Private Life:“I’ve found ways to do exactly what I want, but in the privacy of my own sanctuaries.” Ke$ha divides her time between houses in L.A. and Tennessee, living in the woods, she says, “away from inquiring eyes.” “I have wild, wild nights there [Tennessee], but my friends and I are all really private. We get F***ing crazy, but you’re not going to see me stumbling out of nightclubs.”
Ke$ha’s music is loved by millions, including pop superstar Britney Spears who told V Magazine: ““I love listening to her songs when I’m on the treadmill. They help me power through my workout.”

0 comments: