Jun 21, 2012

Katy Perry Launching Own Record Label


Katy Perry plans to launch her own record label.
The record-setting pop star, who records with EMI’s Capitol Records, says she’s in the process of starting an imprint.
“I’m preparing for it now. And when this record label does come to fruition, I’m going to try and avoid the things that take away any fighting chance for an artist to have financial success,” she tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Perry explains, “As people are coming to me with opportunities, I’m thinking, ‘How would I want to be treated?’”
No other details or timetable have been revealed.
Other superstars who have started their own labels include Madonna, who launched Maverick Records in the 1990s, and Prince, who created the Paisley Park label in the 1980s.
Perry has churned out 11 Top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100.

0 comments: