Jun 12, 2012

Robert Pattinson: “I Want to Strangle” Whoever Came Up with “R-Patz” Nickname


If you ever have the opportunity to meet Robert Pattinsondon’t call him “R-Patz.”
The Cosmopolis star admits in a new interview that he actually dislikes the nickname.
“I don’t understand who invented that thing, ‘R-Patz,’” he tells The Guardian, adding, “I want to strangle them.”
Another misconception about him?
“It is surprising the amount of people who think I’m going to be really dumb. I think they think anyone who has done teen movies is just an idiot,” says Pattinson.
He continues, “I don’t know, maybe I am. Some of the best actors, if you talk to them, they’re not the smartest people in the world.”
For now, the actor is focused on his growing movie career, which has entered a new phase now that the Twilight Saga is nearing its conclusion.
Pattinson says he thought it would “take 10 years” to be seen as someone besides Edward Cullen, “so to get into Cannes the year that [Twilight] is finishing was fairly ridiculous.”
Still, he admits, “I don’t really know how accepted I am.”
“Nothing ever matters to me apart from the people with negative opinions. That’s literally it. That always drives me on to the next thing,” Pattinson tells the paper.
He explains, “It’s funny, you just focus on them and then the next movie. That’s the only thing you’re thinking about when it comes out.”
What do you think of Pattinson’s comments?

0 comments: