Sep 23, 2013

Carrie Underwood Had Paul McCartney’s Blessing To Sing Yesterday At The Emmy’s

When Carrie Underwood belted out The Beatles’ Yesterday at Sunday night’s Emmy ceremony, she had the classic tune’s writer and singer’s blessing.
The 30-year-old country crooner tweeted out Sunday “the coolest thing about singing“Yesterday” on the #Emmys is the sweet letter I got from @PaulMcCartney giving me his blessing to sing it!”

Underwood’s tribute honored The Beatles 1963 appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, brought in 17,090 tweets per minute. The 50th anniversary tribute of the groundbreaking performancecrushed the next highest Twittersphere discussion which was Elton John’s performance at 13,720 tweets per minute.
But no hard feelings between the two as Carrie also added “The amazing @eltonjohndotcom just came to my dressing room to say hi…we talked for a bit. I think I can safely say we’re best friends now!”

0 comments: