Sep 23, 2013

Larry Hagman’s Son: Three Seconds Isn’t Enough For My Father

The fall out from the Emmys “In Memoriam” segment continues.
Larry Hagman’s son, Preston Hagman, joins the fray expressing his disappointment that his dad wasn’t given more than the standard mention.

 “I think three seconds was short,” he told Entertainment Tonight. “I think all of them were short … If you are going to honor [the “In Memoriam” recipients,] honor them with the respect and dignity that they portrayed. Do it for everyone. These are very talented people. The actors that they’re honoring have done so much for the industry… If you’re going to respect and recognize them then do it correctly.”
Emmy producers decided to single out five people — John Galdofini, Jonathan Winters, Jean Stapleton, Cory Monteith and Gary David Goldberg –  and gave them special tributes on the three-hour telecast.
Preston adds, “How I felt last night watching [The Emmys] was not anger, it was disappointment. Again, I think my dad was a trailblazer in the industry to set the stage for other actors. So it’s not anger, it’s definitely disappointment for what he contributed to the profession.”
On Sunday, Jack Klugman’s son also was upset that his father didn’t merit a bigger tribute. “I think it’s criminal,” Klugman told The Associated Press. “My dad was at the inception of television and helped build it in the early days.”

0 comments: