Sep 23, 2013

The Truth Behind Merritt Wever’s Brief, Nervous Emmy Speech

It was one of the shortest Emmy Award acceptance speeches of all time, and now Nurse JackieStar Merritt Wever is revealing why she gave such a shockingly short thank you speech.
After she took the stage for her “Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series” win, the 33-year-old actress nervously said ”Thank you so much. Um, I gotta go. Bye” and abruptly left the stage.

Wever beat out favorites Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara of Modern Family and Jane Lynch fromGlee.
“I’m scared, honestly, I’m scared because it was unexpected” she told reporters backstage following her surprise win.
Wever’s  nerve-racked train off thought continued backstage as she added “I want to thank a lot of people…it’s happening again. I wanted to thank everybody at Showtime. I wanted to thank, most of all, Edie Falco. I wanted to thank Edie Falco very badly. It’s very hard to do those! Sorry.”
Oh well, we’ll take her brief thank-you’s over long-winded acceptance speeches any day!

0 comments: