Mar 17, 2015

Ellen DeGeneres: “None” Of The Tabloid Stories About Me “Are Even Remotely True” (VIDEO)

Ellen DeGeneres opened up about her relationship with Portia de Rossi and hit back at tabloid rumors in a new interview that was broadcast on Tuesday’s “Today Show.” Watch below.
DeGeneres was featured on the NBC morning show to promote her new sitcom, “One Big Happy,” on which she is an executive producer. Since the series is about a lesbian who is having a child with her male best friend, Matt Lauer asked DeGeneres during their chat if she would like children of her own. “I think I would. But that’s not enough to have kids,” she replied.
DeGeneres continued, “I love kids. But that’s such a big commitment. And it seems long-term. It seems like a commitment that you have to stick with.” The talk show host went on to joke, “And I just don’t know if I can — it’s too risky. Like, what if I don’t like the kid? What if it turns out that it’s not as cute as I wanted or as talented? I’m gonna compare it to all these kids that I have on this show that are so smart and so funny. And I’m like, ‘You are nowhere near these kids I had on today.'”
When Lauer continued to push, saying DeGeneres would be a “great mom,” she told him, “I think I’m getting too old. They’re cute, but no.” One thing DeGeneres is NOT outgrowing is her marriage to de Rossi, despite how many times the tabloid magazines claim their romance is in peril. Lauer wondered if DeGeneres has developed a “thick skin” in response.
“There doesn’t even need to be a [thick] skin, ’cause it’s not real,” DeGeneres told Lauer. “I’m just more flabbergasted by the fact that someone needs to make up a story. There’s never been a point where we were breaking up or divorcing or fighting. None of these stories are even remotely true.”
DeGeneres also discussed why she doesn’t embrace mean comedy, her love of pranks, how “One Big Happy” is different from her 1990s sitcom “Ellen,” and the future of her talk show. Check out the full segment below.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

0 comments: