Mar 9, 2015

Empire Star Jussie Smollett Reveals He’s Gay On Ellen DeGeneres Show (VIDEO)

Jussie Smollett reveals he’s gay in real life on Monday’s “Ellen DeGeneres Show.” The actor plays the openly gay Jamal Lyons on “Empire,” and there has been a lot of speculation about whether Smollett himself was homosexual.
Smollett tells DeGeneres he doesn’t like to discuss his personal life but wanted “to make sure that it got across that there is no closet.” During the interview Smollett never actually says the words “I’m gay,” but credits DeGeneres: “You’ve been such an inspiration to so many, but also to me. What you’ve done with, in the LGBT community is very much in my opinion kind of like what Michael Jackson did with the black community.”
“There’s never been a closet. That I’ve been in. I don’t own a closet, I got a dresser, but I don’t have a closet, but I have a home and that is my responsibility to protect that home,” says Smollett. DeGeneres thanks the actor for his comments in the interview, noting that Smollett was “never pretending to be anything that you aren’t.” Smollett agrees, saying, “Ever, ever. So let’s not read into it the wrong [way] when I say that I don’t talk about my personal life… But it is in no way to hide or deny who God made me.”
“My mama knows. My mama likes me a lot,” adds the “Empire” star. Watch the video below of Smollett’s interview with DeGeneres, and tell us what you think of his comments.


0 comments: