Apr 9, 2015

Alyssa Milano Reacts To Breast Milk Being Confiscated At London’s Heathrow Airport

Alyssa Milano’s breast milk was confiscated at London’s Heathrow Airport, and the mother of two is “not okay” with it at all. The actress went on a Twitter tear on Thursday about how her baby’s milk was taken, while her shampoo and other lotions with more ounces of liquid were no problem.
Milano, who gave birth to her daughter Elizabella Dylan seven months ago, started off tweeting, “@HeathrowAirport just took my pumped breast milk away. 10 ounces. Gone. Not okay.” She added, “They said they would let the pumped milk through if I had the baby with me. Why would I need to pump if I had the baby with me????”
But that wasn’t all. Milano questioned: “@HeathrowAirport Why can you test my toiletries to make sure they are safe but you have to throw away my breast milk?” and “@HeathrowAirport I was told I would be fine if the baby was with me. Plus, it was less than 5 ounces per container. Why is my shampoo okay?”
Milano continued, “@HeathrowAirport I would have happily spread milk in different containers (which I travel with) to comply to those liquid rules. Instead, milk was taken away with no discussion. Shampoo, lotions, etcetera were simply tested and handed back with no issue. Makes no sense at all.”
Heathrow Airport’s official Twitter account responded, “Hi Alyssa. Unfortunately, without a baby present, the government requires all liquids in carry-ons to follow the 100ml rule.”
Milano’s breast pump issues didn’t end there. She noted in a later tweet, “I travel w/ a portable Medela breast pump on the plane. Hoping this is just a weird coincidence but my other breast pump that I checked w/ the rest of my baggage… is lost. Everything arrived at my final destination except my hospital grade breast pump. Filling out a lost baggage claim now.” What do you think about the London airport confiscating Milano’s breast milk?

0 comments: