Oct 7, 2015

Selena Gomez: I Underwent Chemotherapy For Lupus

Selena Gomez says she underwent chemotherapy for lupus.
In a new Billboard cover story, Gomez confirms her illness for the first time, revealing that the autoimmune disease temporarily sidelined her career. The singer’s new album will be released on Friday, her second solo record and her first with Interscope. But it took a long time for Gomez to get to this point.
“I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy. That’s what my break was really about,” she confesses, candidly admitting, “I could’ve had a stroke.” Of rumors that popped up while she laid low, Gomez says, “I wanted so badly to say, ‘You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re a**holes.’ I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again.”
Well, Gomez is now more confident than ever, and sick of being mistreated. “I’m so f*cking nice to everybody, and everyone is so vile to me,” the former child star tells the magazine. “I’ve been working since I was 7. I’ve been a UNICEF ambassador since I was 17. It’s so disappointing that I’ve become a tabloid story.”
Gomez says she’s used the “hate” as motivation, and rejects the suggestion that ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber’s own recent rebirth is behind her Revival. “No. This is my time. I’ve deserved this. I earned it. This is all me,” she insists.
That said, Gomez will give one person credit for helping her reach this new stage in her life. She says of best friend Taylor Swift, “Taylor makes me feel empowered, like I can trust new people… The way she cares about women is so adamant. It’s pulling me out of my shell.”
Gomez’s full Billboard cover story will be released on Thursday. TELL US: What do you think of Gomez confirming she has lupus and revealing she underwent chemotherapy?

0 comments: