May 21, 2016

Anthony Kiedis Health Update: ‘Not Great,’ But ‘On Mend’ After Hospitalization (VIDEO)

Anthony Kiedis says he’s “not great,” but “on the mend” after his hospitalization last week. Check out the video below.
As Extreme Entertainment reported, the Red Hot Chili Peppers front man was rushed to the hospital last Saturday just before he and the band were expected to perform at the KROQ WeenieRoast. At the time, it was said the rocker was suffering from “intestinal issues.” Now Kiedis is elaborating in an on-camera interview with ET Canada.
“Basically, I had inflammation in my guts,” he says, explaining that a virus was made worse by scar tissue from hernia surgeries, causing an “impassable inflammation” where no food could get through. “That becomes an incredibly painful situation where you get a fever and pass out. So I had to be pumped clean in the hospital.” And seeking emergency medical treatment was a last resort.
The performer admits, “It was a painful and sad thing to have to cancel shows. We don’t really do that. I’d rather play deathly ill than not play at all, but in this particular instance I was starting to go down, as in to the ground.” Now out of the hospital, Kiedis notes, “I got some help and now I’ve got to figure things out.”
“I push pretty hard sometimes, and I do take my health for granted on a certain level because I feel strong and capable,” he acknowledges. “I surf most days and I like to charge, but every now and then, the body is like ‘you’re doing something wrong, either fix it or we’re gonna let you know about it,’ and I think that my body let me know that I had to change my ways a little bit.”
Now “on the mend,” Kiedis adds, “I feel good, not great, but good.” He confesses, “I think I had to get sick to take a look at myself and get to the causes and conditions of my overall health. So it turned out to be a good thing.”
And he also found another silver lining to the situation. “When I opened my phone and I saw I was on the news, I was like, ‘everything must be okay in the world today if that’s what’s making the news,'” he says. Watch below.

0 comments: