Jul 2, 2012

Chris Brown Goes In On Drake: Pokes Fun At Rapper’s Eyebrows


Chris Brown isn’t waiting to get into a boxing ring to square off against Drake; the R&B singer just released a profanity-laced diss track over the weekend aimed at the Canadian rapper and his eyebrows.
The entourages of both men were involved in a nightclub brawl last month, prompting Brown to release, “I Don’t Like,” featuring Compton rapper Game.
On the track, Brown raps:
“That’s that sh*t I don’t like/ They throwin’ bottles, I’m throwin’ models / Just ’cause I give a b*tch long pipe / Doing shows on the soccer field / that’s dome right? / I be singin’, he be singin’, so it’s on, sight / But hold up, I ain’t give a ni**a no green light / This head up, my bread up, one-on-one, what you scared, bruh? / Matter fact, ‘Take Care’ bruh, you a pu**y ni**a/ My ni**a Tunechi, yeah that ni**a nice/ Shout out to Nicki, man that a** tight/ Them eyebrows, man, them sh*ts is yikes/ OVO, you overdosed, screamin’ YOLO no, I live twice.”
And just in case you need help breaking down a few things in this stanza: “I be singin’, he be singin’” is a subtle jab at Drake who brands himself as a rapper, but tends to croon more often than rap on his songs.

“Matter fact, ‘Take Care’ bruh” is an obvious reference to Drake’s hit song with Rihanna, titled, “Take Care.”
As for, “My ni**a Tunechi, yeah that ni**a nice,” Brown is referencing his friendship and admiration for Drake’s boss, rapper Lil Wayne, who is nicknamed Lil Tunechi. Brown and Wayne have collaborated on a number of songs, including, “I Can Transform Ya.”
And what’s a Drake diss without an eyebrow joke? ”Them eyebrows, man, them sh*ts is yikes.”

0 comments: