Sep 8, 2014

Taylor Swift Admits “Bad Blood” Is About A Female Singer: We’re ‘Straight-Up Enemies’

Taylor Swift reveals in the upcoming issue ofRolling Stone that her song “Bad Blood” from her upcoming pop album “1989″ is not about a guy, but rather an unidentified female artist, who tried to sabotage one of her tours.
“For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not,” she tells the magazine. “She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, ‘Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?’”
Swift continues, “Then last year, the other star crossed a line. “She did something so horrible, I was like, ‘Oh, we’re just straight-up enemies.’ And it wasn’t even about a guy!”
“It had to do with business,” Swift elaborates. “She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me.”
The “Shake It Off” singer explains, “I’m surprisingly non-confrontational — you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It’s awkward, and I don’t like it.”
Swift admits that there might have been a personal element to the other person’s actions, adding, “But I don’t think there would be any personal problem if she weren’t competitive.”
The newly minted pop star says as a whole her new album is “not as boy-centric” because her “life hasn’t been boy-centric.”
“Different phases of your life have different levels of deep, traumatizing heartbreak, and in this period of my life, my heart was not irreparably broken,” Swift says, revealing that she hasn’t dated anyone since splitting withHarry Styles in early 2013.
She adds, “People are going to feel sorry for me when you write that. But it’s true.”
Swift admits that the media coverage her past high-profile relationships has made her wary of dating.
“I feel like watching my dating life has become a bit of a national pastime,” she says. “And I’m just not comfortable providing that kind of entertainment anymore.”
The  Giver actress explains, “I don’t like seeing slide shows of guys I’ve apparently dated. I don’t like giving comedians the opportunity to make jokes about me at awards shows. I don’t like it when headlines read ‘Careful, Bro, She’ll Write a Song About You,’ because it trivializes my work.”
“And most of all,” she continues, “I don’t like how all these factors add up to build the pressure so high in a new relationship that it gets snuffed out before it even has a chance to start. And so, I just don’t date.”
Swift is vigilant about her privacy, using CIA-inspired code names for albums and video. For example her “Shake It Off” video was called “Project Sparrow,” while the process of finding fans to be in the video was called “Project Cardinal.”
The artist is paranoid about other invasions of privacy as well, saying, “There’s someone whose entire job it is to figure out things that I don’t want the world to see.”
“They look at your career, they look at what you prioritize, and they try to figure out what would be the most revealing or hurtful,’ she says. “Like, I don’t take my clothes off in pictures or anything – I’m very private about that. So it scares me how valuable it would be to get a video of me changing.
She notes, “It’s sad to have to look for cameras in dressing rooms and bathrooms. I don’t walk around naked with my windows open, because there’s a value on that.”
Swift says she loves living in New York because she is able to walk down the street or shop with friends, noting that the the paparazzi are much less invasive in the city.
“They don’t provoke me, or ask weird questions,” she says. “And a lot of them are long-lensing it – which, if you have to have paparazzi in your life, is such a better way.”
The singer loves it so much, she is even trying to convince her pal Selena Gomez to relocate to her new home.
“Project Selena,” Swift says. “I think I can do it.”
What do you think of Swift’s comments?

0 comments: