Nov 22, 2014

LISTEN: Jennifer Lawrence Sings “Hanging Tree” From Hunger Games: Mockingjay

Jennifer Lawrencehas repeatedly said she was mortified by having to sing inThe Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1. Now you can hear for yourself how well she did.
As Katniss Everdeen, Lawrence sings “The Hanging Tree,” which becomes an anthem for the revolution she helps lead against the Capitol. While the lyrics appeared in the original book, the melody was brought to life by The Lumineers for the movie.
During her press tour for Mockingjay, Lawrence has mentioned how uncomfortable she is singing in public. While on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” the actress called it her “biggest fear,” explaining that she was “scarred” after bad experiences when her parents encouraged her to sing as a child. She said, “I had this tone-deaf Amy Winehouse voice, and I sang in front of the school when I was eight, because I thought I could.”
On last week’s “Saturday Night Live,” she joked, “When I sing, I sound like a deer that’s been caught in a fence.” All that said, Lawrence is now singing in front of the entire world in one of the year’s biggest movies. In case you haven’t seen the film, listen to Lawrence sing “The Hanging Tree” as Everdeen in the audio below, and let us know what you think!

0 comments: