Jun 14, 2016

Ellen DeGeneres “GMA” Video: Watch “Finding Dory” Interview!

Ellen DeGeneres appeared on Tuesday’s “GMA” to talk about Finding Dory, coming out, and persevering in the face of adversity. Watch below!
While Finding Dory has plenty of laughs, DeGeneres had a serious chat with ABC’s JuJu Chang about the emotional aspects of playing a character that is mentally lost. “You have to give that fish complete human emotions, and when [Dory cries], I cried. I had to cry. I felt the sadness and the loss and the abandonment and all the feelings,” she said.
DeGeneres explained, “I’m a comedian, but I’m an extremely sensitive person. I have lots of sadness in me, and I think a lot of comedians do, because there’s lots to draw on.” She went on to note, “My ‘lost’ was my earlier part of life, and I didn’t realize I was lost until I really started doing some soul-searching and reading the right books and going to therapy.”
“Then I look back and I go, ‘Oh, woah, I didn’t have anybody to help guide me, and I was lost.’ I just found my way own my own,” she continued. And a lot of that tied into DeGeneres’ decision to come out. She told Chang, “When you’re gay and you’re successful in this business, your whole team says, ‘Don’t rock the boat. Keep it down.’ And I just thought, you know, what’s equally as important [to] my career is living my life without shame.”
She admitted, though, “The fear is that you lose your career. And it turned out, I did for a while.” But DeGeneres didn’t give up, and that directly relates to her new film. Asked about the message of Finding Dory, the star said, “That there’s always another way. Don’t just put up with something or just say ‘Well, that’s the way it is.’ Then your disadvantage can actually be your strength.” Check out the full video below!

0 comments: