May 1, 2012

The Voice's Tony Lucca Snaps Back at Christina Aguilera

The rodent fur is flying on The Voice

After Monday night'ssemifinals, Tony Lucca fired back at judge – and fellow Mouseketeer alum –Christina Aguilera for her constant criticism. 

"I was just scratching my head like: 'Really, you have to keep going on with this?' " he tells PEOPLE. "All of the other coaches have been pretty respectful about each other's choices. But now it seems like she's just flat-out trying to get me out of here." 

Aguilera has been needling Adam Levine's team member for weeks, once calling him "one-dimensional" and raising the specter of another onetime Mouseketeer, Justin Timberlake

"You've got me and your old Mouseketeer buddies behind you – and Justin in particular," she said. "I hope this is really a contest about the voice. I think there are just better voices on the show, rather than a celebrity sway kind of thing." 

Then on Monday's show, Aguilera took an indirect swipe at Lucca, this time in her comments toward another Team Adam singer, Katrina Parker. 

"I just encourage Adam to really look at you," she told Parker after singing The Fugees' "Killing Me Softly." "I know that probably the obvious, predictable choice for Adam would be to be swayed towards [Lucca]. But I'm telling you, take a look at Katrina Parker because she's a star." 

Lucca, who sang The Heavy’s "How Do You Like Me Now?", later said that he felt "offended on Adam's behalf." 

"He worked hard to make sure we were coming out on equal footing," says Lucca, though he did acknowledge, "We definitely have a brotherhood going on. Last week I trusted him and this week he trusted me." 

On Tuesday night the competition gets cut down from eight competitors to four.

0 comments: