Mar 17, 2015

Nicholas Brendon Reveals He Was Sexually Abused, Blames Drunken Arrests On Not Taking Depression Meds

Nicholas Brendon reveals he was sexually abused as a kid and blames his string of recent arrests on not taking his anti-depression medications in a new interview with The Tallahassee Democrat. Watch below.
As Extreme Entertainment reported, the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” star was most recently arrested on Friday after trashed the Florida hotel room where he was staying for the ALT*Con pop culture convention. It was Brendon’s third arrest in less than six months, with all of them entailing the star allegedly being intoxicated and causing disturbances at hotels he was staying at for conventions.
In his first comments on the latest incident, Brendon says he’s been battling depression since he was a child, but stopped taking his medication “a while ago,” a decision he calls “a mistake.” At the hotel last weekend, Brendon says he took nine sleeping pills and went into a “blackout,” which he says was him “coming to terms with the stuff I’m having to deal with inside of my head, which is not fun.”
It’s when asked if there’s anything he wants to share that Brendon confesses he was sexually assaulted. “There’s only one thing. I wanted to talk about it a long time ago,” admits the actor. “This isn’t an excuse for anything, but when I was a kid, I was molested for two years by a teacher. That’s never been talked about anywhere. And from that moment, my life changed immensely.”
Brendon continues, “I haven’t talked about it because I didn’t want to use it as a crutch, but I’m seeing as I get older that it did have a huge, huge effect on me. And I always just thought I could brush it aside, and it’s something I can’t.”


Brendon says he’s now trying to “corral” his issues, and to those who have been making jokes about his behavior, he says, “It’s not funny… I wish it doesn’t happen to them.” Brendon adds, “I hate this. I hate the way I feel right now. I hate how I’ve come off. This isn’t who I am.” 

0 comments: