May 18, 2015

Taylor Swift Voted #1 On Maxim Hot 100 List For 2015 — SEE COVER PHOTO!

Taylor Swift tops the list of Maxim’s Hot 100 for 2015. In a departure from the magazine’s usual cover photos, which almost always feature a full body shot of a woman in a bikini or lingerie, Swift’s cover for the June/July issue of Maxim is a head shot that shows the singer in a black mesh top with wet, tousled hair and soft makeup. See the photo below.
In the accompanying interview interview, the country singer-turned-pop star speaks about the double standard in which female artists are judged. Swift is known for writing personal lyrics that are often based on her love life, and the singer says she’s been harshly criticized for the common theme in her music. “A man writing about his feelings from a vulnerable place is brave,” she says. “A woman writing about her feelings from a vulnerable place is oversharing or whining. Misogyny is ingrained in people from the time they are born.”
The singer further addresses how she interprets feminism, which is often misconstrued as a philosophy that aims to demean the male gender. “It’s just basically another word for equality,” Swift argues. “So to me, feminism is probably the most important movement that you could embrace.”
Swift also calls her cover selection an “incredible compliment.” “This year has been my favorite year of my life so far. I got to make an album exactly the way I wanted to make it. I got to put it out exactly the way I dreamed of putting it out. Every one of these whims and ideas came to fruition,” says the star. “The videos — I’m proud of those, I’m proud of the tour. I’m proud of the way this has all happened. In the midst of all that, this is really nice. it really feels like a wonderful celebration of my favorite year.”
As number one on this year’s Hot 100 list, Swift follows in the footsteps of Candice Swanepoel (2014) and Miley Cyrus (2013). See the superstar’s Maxim cover below, and tell us what you think of the magazine naming her the year’s hottest woman.


taylor swift hot 100 maxim cover
(Maxim)

0 comments: