Oct 7, 2015

FKA Twigs: “Taylor Swift Is Great,” But We Don’t “Have To Be Friends”

FKA Twigs explains in a new interview how her relationship with fans differs from Taylor Swift’s model of making the audience “want to be her friend.”
The singer graces the cover of the October issue of Paper, in which she reveals, “I think Taylor Swift is great, but I wouldn’t necessarily think, ‘Oh my god, I have to be friends with her.'” FKA Twigs adds, “When I meet fans, they’re quite creative and intelligent, kind, sensitive. Some are old ladies, witch doctors from Louisiana, kids that have just left art school. Gay or lesbian couples, straight middle-aged couples.”
FKA Twigs then goes on to talk about how her style of performing is different from other pop stars in general, admitting that while some artists keep their “sexy on a down-low,” she prefers to “throb.” She clarifies, “Do you know what I mean? I have that throbbing energy, and I accept it, and I harness it when I need to. It’s not even a conscious thing.”
FKA Twigs and Swift do have one thing in common, however, as both made Vanity Fair’s 2015 International Best Dressed list. As Extreme Entertainment reported, the magazine annually highlights the most fashionable celebrities and designers, and both singers were among the stars to make the very fashionable cut.

0 comments: