Oct 8, 2015

Taylor Swift: “I Think People Might Need A Break From Me”

Taylor Swift is acknowledging that she may be overexposed, and hints at an extended break from the spotlight.
The superstar is the latest celebrity to cover NME, following recent issues with Rihanna and Robert Pattinson. In the accompanying story, Swift addresses a number of topics, including future plans. “I think I should take some time off,” she says.
Swift goes on to admit, “I think people might need a break from me. I’m going to… I don’t know. Hang out with my friends. Write new music. Maybe not write new music. I don’t know.” The singer further confesses to worrying about the day her career goes up in flames.
“I’m in the news every single day for multiple different reasons. And it can feel, at times, if you let your anxiety get the better of you, like everybody’s waiting for you to really mess up — and then you’ll be done,” explains Swift. “A lot of the time I need to call my mom and talk for a really long time, just to remind myself of all the things that are great and all the things that matter.”
And Swift has no expectations of topping the record-breaking success of 1989, asking NME incredulously, “How could the next one be as big?” Instead she speculates, “Maybe the next album will be a bridge to somewhere else. Or maybe I’ll just go ahead and change everything.” Swift has certainly been gaining more life experience to influence a new record.
She says she and Kanye West “are on such good terms now, six years later,” and reveals what the Twitter dust-up with Nicki Minaj taught her. “I send text messages now. If there seems to be some kind of misunderstanding, I go to someone’s management, I get their number and I text them. It’s an important lesson for anyone to learn in 2015,” says Swift.
Swift’s full cover story will hit newsstands on Friday. TELL US: What do you think of the interview?

0 comments: