Feb 19, 2015

Iggy Azalea: “I’m Taking Time Away From Social Media” Because “It’s Too Negative”

Iggy Azalea says she’s quitting social media, at least temporarily. The rapper took to Twitter late Thursday night to make the announcement, blaming her decision on online negativity.
As Extreme Entertainment has reported, Azalea has frequently ended up in Twitter feuds, and has used her Twitter and Instagram accounts to hit back at criticism from the media and public alike. Now, after just returning from a trip with boyfriend Nick Young, Azalea says she’s reached her breaking point.
“Just got back from a great vacation, came online and saw apparently it’s shocking and unheard of to be a woman and have cellulite. Lol,” Azalea first tweeted, seemingly referring to paparazzi pictures from the trip that led to some online hate. “I just want to have peace and relaxation time without a perve with long distance lense hiding out taking pictures, everyone deserves peace.”
Azalea continued, “I feel the hatred and pettiness I see online at all times is at making me become an angry person and I cannot be that. To become nasty because of the way I feel I am treated would be a disservice to my fans and I promise I will try to keep smiling.”
She then announced, “But I also want to let my fans know I am taking some time away from social media. I need to be happy and it is too negative and draining. My management will tweet/run my accounts from today onwards with updates etc unless any message is signed -IA. Love you all. Peace out!”
Azalea added, “The Internet is the ugliest reflection of man kind there is,” and then expanded on her reasoning in a few replies to a fan. “It’s really more about the fact every time I come online for the last 4-5 months I see only negative awful things,” she explained, “and thus I can no longer ignore the Internet is bad for happiness, unless you’re sadistic.” What do you think of Azalea’s decision?

0 comments: